Baby #2 Update!

I am just about 12 weeks pregnant with baby #2! I had my 12 week appointment today and everything is looking great! My doctor tried to hear the heartbeat with the Doppler, and was 'fishing' around for a few minutes (which was making me a little nervous) she finally caught it for a split second, but then it was gone. She tried finding it again, but baby was moving to much and she couldn't find it again. (we did hear a little kick though!) She she suggested a quick ultrasound just to make sure everything was ok. Trav and I had both heard the heartbeat and the kick so I was confident everything was fine, but it's always fun to get to see the baby! So we went into the ultrasound room and saw our beautiful baby! He/she looked much more 'baby like' this time compared to our last ultrasound so it was nice to see eyes, and fingers, and even the nose in the profile shot! Most of all though it put our minds at ease even more to see the little heart just beating away! It was to early to see if this baby has cleft or not, but if I had to guess I don't think it does. When we saw the babies profile and could see the nose and lip I'm pretty sure the nose is sticking out farther than the lip! When we had our ultrasound with Taylor you could see that her top lip was rounded out (it always reminded me of Homer Simpson's mouth), but as far as I/we could tell this baby's lip looks like it goes straight down from it's nose, so I'm hopefully, but trying not to get my hopes up at the same time. I have one more appointment before our 20 ultrasound, so hopefully the time goes quickly! I'm so excited to start decorating the nursery hehe!

Symptoms... I have actually been feeling pretty good this pregnancy. I have started taking my vitamins with dinner so I don't really have any nausea. My breasts have been a little sore as of last week, but they aren't horribly sore. In my opinion my worst symptom is my acne. I feel like I'm 16 again and I feel disgusting, but hopefully my hormones will level out soon and it will get better!

Update on Taylor... She is getting into this more everyday as she has now figured out how to climb onto the couch. She is still signing well and saying da-da which we are very happy about! In total she says wow, dada, mama, bye bye, no no, and other babbling sounds. She has her first speech evaluation in a couple weeks so I'm hoping she is where she needs to be as far as speech is concerned.

Well off to change a dirty diaper and pee myself for the forth time today...

0 comments:



Post a Comment