Ahh... Potty Training...

We have recently started to work on potty training with Taylor. Originally I wasn't planning on starting to work with her until April, but I put her on the potty a week or so ago and she didn't fight it and went right away so I figured, maybe she's ready! I haven't been doing anything super consistent with her yet, but she's doing pretty good. We've had good days and bad days, but considering we haven't been doing it long I'm pretty proud of her. Yesterday I got her some Teddy Grahams for a reward when she goes on the potty and finally tonight she went on the potty again (we'd been having a dry spell for a day or so)! She got her reward and went and sat down and went pee some more! Therefore, she got another Teddy Graham, then proceeded to sit back down! lol. She didn't go a third time, but I think the Teddy Grahams are going help! I want to also get her some cloth training pants so she can feel when she's wet but not get pee all over the floor!

Taylor has also started making some new sounds since we've been working more with her. She has been making /g/ sounds and /d/ sounds more. Today when I was carrying her down the hallway she saw a picture of Trav on the wall and pointed and said 'dada!?' it was so exciting! She has also started to say 'ohh' when something bad happens, it's pretty cute! Maybe even more importantly she has also started to somewhat try and mimic things I say too. Most of the time it doesn't really sound like what I said, but it's the same number of syllables and with the same inflection. In the next week or so I want to buy a book I found on amazon.com that has a bunch of different activities to do with kids to encourage/enhance speech development, and also get the DVDs that go with the book. We'll see if they make a difference.

On a different note, I'm just about 19 weeks pregnant and we have our ultrasound to find out the sex and make sure everything looks ok on Friday. It's hard to believe I'm almost half way done already! I'm really excited to find out what we are having, but I'm also nervous that something might be wrong. Hopefully my fears will be put to bed once and for all on Friday!

0 comments:



Post a Comment