On Friday I was sewing a simple blanket for Taylor when my machine jammed. I was trying to fix it and the tip of the needle snapped off and hit my eye. Originally, I didn't think much of it. I didn't even know what hit me right away. After that I didn't think much of it. It was a little red, but it didn't hurt at all so I thought it was just a scratch. This morning it was starting to hurt a little so Trav made an appointment for me at the eye doctor. I went in and the doctor took a look and said "The needle is still in there." Not what I was expecting to hear! So then it was off to the hospital to have the needle removed. They put numbing drops in my eye (which didn't seem to work very well) took a needle and scraped my eye because the tissue had already grown over the needle. Despite the numbing drops this still hurt pretty bad as did him taking the piece of needle out. So now my eye feels like there is constantly something in it and it burns and aches. Fun fun!
On another happier note we found out yesterday that we are pregnant again! I am only 5 weeks along and we won't have our first OB appointment until December 24th so we are waiting to tell our extended family and friends until after our appointment to make sure that things are looking good since our last pregnancy ended in a miscarriage around 7 weeks. We are very excited and are praying that this pregnancy goes to full term and we have a healthy and whole baby. We are trusting in God and will be thankful no matter what happens! My due date is July 31st which is also my parents' anniversary so it would be really cool if the baby was born on that day, but he or she is going to come when he or she wants to so we'll see!
So far I have had only a few symptoms... back ache, implantation bleeding, and a tiny bit of nausea hopefully I will get more soon so I can feel a little more at ease about the health of the baby!
Cross Your Heart, Hope to Die, Stick a Needle in Your Eye...
Labels:
Baby #2
- Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment