Sippy Sippy

We have reached a pretty major milestone in our cleft baby journey! Taylor is now drinking out of sippy cups full time! She has been drinking out of every sippy cup I give her now whether the spill proof valve is in or not! Compared to 'normal' babies she may seem behind, but some babies with cleft are never able to drink from a sippy cup so we are soo proud of her! I am going to get her some more sippy cups for christmas so I can hopefully put her bottles away for good! We for sure need to get her off bottles long before baby #2 comes along so Taylor doesn't try to take the baby's bottle.

Speak baby Speak!... Taylor has her first speech evaluation in February, and I'm a little nervous that they are going to tell us that she is behind in speech. She 'says' some words like wow, mama, lala, rara, ect., but she doesn't make any palate sounds yet (sounds that required a palate to make) like gaga, dada, k sounds and so on. We still have a couple of months before her appointment so I'm hoping and praying that she picks up some more words/sounds before then!

Oh Baby... I haven't had any major pregnancy symptoms yet which has been kinda nerve wracking. I know it's still a little early so I'm trying not to worry about it to much. I have had a few moments of nausea, and I'm hoping that they are actually pregnancy related and not just my nerves. Still no sore boobs or anything though... hopefully soon!!

0 comments:



Post a Comment