Throughout my pregnancy and since Taylor has been born I have really had to cling to the promise that God only gives you what you can handle. There have been many times that I have wondered 'why us' and even more 'why Taylor' why does she have to go through these hardships? Since her surgery it has been so hard to see her so upset. We are pretty sure that her incision is starting to itch which I'm sure is torturous for her, and as always she has HATED not having her fingers. We have seen pictures of other babies after their tape comes off after surgery and the incision is clean and just looks like a scar, but Taylor's is scabbed and crusty so that makes me a little nervous. I just don't want to go her to check up on Friday and have them say that she has to continue wearing her arm restraints or that something is wrong with her incision. It has also been sooo hard to not pick at her scabs cause they are loose on the edges so it's hard to not just pick it off so it doesn't look quite so yucky. I will be a good mommy though and let it heal as hard as it will be.
It's so hard for me to believe that there are some families that would terminate a pregnancy or give their baby away just because the baby has a cleft. This isn't the ideal situation and, of course, we wouldn't choose to have a baby with cleft, but I can't imagine my life without my beautiful baby girl! She brings so much joy to our lives and I wouldn't have it any other way!
What You Can Handle
- Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment