The Worst Was Yet to Come

Since coming home from the hospital Taylor had been doing surprisingly well. Little did I know that the worst would come 5 days after surgery. Yesterday afternoon into the evening I could see that she was dead tired but she just wouldn't calm down. even after giving her her Tylenol with codine she was still upset. I tried feeding her, rocking her, singing to her, even got a couple good burps out but she was still crying. She may remember her surgeries when she is older but at least then she will be able to communicate what she wants or if she is in pain. It is so hard when you try everything you know to try and she is still upset. I think she is just sick of not having her fingers, and I am too! Her post op appointment is on Friday so after that she will hopefully be happy again cause she will be able to have her fingers.

She slept well last night after we finally got her to sleep. She went to sleep at about 10:30 or so and slept till 6 am then back to sleep till 10. Right now she is fighting sleep once again in her crib.

I am excited for her to get her arm restraints off for another reason as well. When she does it will only be a matter of time before she is rolling from her back to her tummy. She has been trying so hard but without being able to tuck her arm under her she is only able to get to her side.

Well I need to go read my book for book club!

0 comments:



Post a Comment