4 Month Check Up

Today Taylor had her four month check up. She is up to 11 lbs 7 oz and has grown yet another inch and is up to 23.5 inches! Growing up a storm! She also got her four month shots which she didn't like very much but did well over all.

We also decided that we are going to make an appointment to see an orthopedic surgeon about Taylor's feet. Unfortunatly, we have to go to Madison for this as well so one more doctor in Madison. I'm hoping we will be able to schedule it on the same day as her next appointment in Madison or on a day that Trav has off. I want it to be soon though. I'm just glad she doesn't need her legs or feet to fall asleep!

We will also be starting cereal soon! This should be a fun adventure! Babies with cleft tend to be messy eaters when she first start out with solids. She is definately acting like she's ready though. I put an empty spoon up to her mouth the other day and she tongued it as if she was eating from it. She basically shows all the other signs that people say babies need to have when they are ready for solids. I am excited to see how she does! It also means I'm that much closer to being done with pumping!

A new developement on the pumping front... the past day or so my arm pits have been sore. They feel like they are bruised. It is really weird. I don't know if I have milk ducts under there that are getting backed up or what, but it hurts and I don't like it! Since I have started pumping I have leaked milk from under my arms which is a weird feeling in itself. My mom told me that my grandma wasn't able to nurse because she had milk ducts under her arms that didn't drain so she had to dry up. I wonder if that is at all what's happening with me. I hope it gets better soon so I can feel better. If not I hope we can find the money to afford formula! We'll see what happens!

0 comments:



Post a Comment