My mom and I went shopping a few days ago for some baby stuff. Taylor needed some more bibs, some socks, and most importantly some new shoes! She only had really one pair of shoes that fit her and they were fuzzy winter boots that are just to warm any more. So we picked up some really cute white, pink, and silver tennis shoes and some plain white keds tennis shoes. The keds were going to be more of an everyday shoe and the pink she would obviously wear when they matched. I got home and was going through my new treasures and opened the box the keds shoes were in to discover.... two left shoes!! I was so frustrated! The store we bought them from is an hour away! So she has worn pink outfits the past few days so she can wear her pink tennis shoes until we can get back to the store and either completely return the shoes or just get a right one!
On the cleft front we have started massaging Taylor's scar. The goal is to massage it 5 times a day for 4-5 minutes each time. It hasn't been to bad so far. We do it while she's eating and it actually seems to relax her. She doesn't like it when she's not eating, and eventually we have to massage both the inside and outside of her lip which I have done one times while she's eating and it went ok, but she didn't let me do it very long so we'll see how things go and we continue.
My parents are coming over in a little while to bring their puppy to our house. We are going to watch her while they are on vacation. Her name is Maggie and she is a Wheaten just like our dog Tillie. They love playing together so it should be a fun week! The only thing that I'm not looking forward to is having to take her potty. Tillie goes out twice a day unless she stands by the door and whines sometime in the middle, but Maggie is still being potty trained so she needs to be taken out more often. At least the weather is nice so I don't have to stand out in the snow! Should be fun!
Two Left Feet
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Hey girl, I just read through your blog and found it very touching. You guys have already walked a hard walk with little Taylor Mae (SUPER cute name and blog title!). She is precious and I pray that her healing is smooth from here on out. She is a beautiful baby girl and she seems so strong for everything she's already gone through. Just wanted to drop in and say hey and I look forward to following your blog!
Be blessed mama,
Jami
Post a Comment